Sunday 28 June 2015

How is your knitting going?

In the midst of lots of other activities, I am still finding time to knit.  My floor lamp lets me knit more while watching tv, and I am now taking my knitting when we go out in the car (I'm the passenger - I don't knit at the lights or while crawling in school time travel yet!)

So what have I knitted over the last 2 months?


Little Mister W has a jumper and 2 hats


and a hooded jacket in 14ply - I think I'll stick to 200g balls from Bendigo Woollen Mills after all the joins while using 50g balls to make this.



Miss H (thanks for the photo Wendy) has a new jumper using wool from my stash - I think I have had this for about 7 years.  I used the same pattern as the blue jumper above, but added a favourite border pattern, from some jumpers she and her sister had as babies, instead of the rib and used the same stitch for the collar - do you 'play' with the patterns you use?


There was a bit left over, so she has a hat to match.


Now I am starting another 2 Kina cardigans for Miss A and Miss M, using  'Classic' wool from BWM.  

....And to make the order big enough for free postage, I have 2 balls of 'Bloom' for scarves for me (they will be fun to do on our travels next year) and 1 ball of cotton for a summer vest for Mister W.

If I need a change or something quick to do, I have scrubbies underway (cotton and nylon squares for cleaning your saucepans) and dolls for my shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.

So I guess my hands will stay occupied and warm for the next few weeks while I finish these knits.

1 comment:

  1. Da hast Du ja wieder schöne Sachen gestrickt !
    Die Kinder werden sich freuen.
    Ist bei Euch Winter ?
    Bei uns ist es sehr heiß draußen, wir müssen viel gießen im Garten.
    Liebe Grüße
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete