Saturday 19 December 2015

Santa Sack Swap

This year has flown by very quickly.  My blog posts have suffered from my lack of time and keeping things tidy and out of sight while we were selling our house ......

BUT THE SWAPS I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN HAVE KEPT ME SANE and given me time to 'tune out', even if I have had to re-tidy my sewing space soon afterwards.

I think my favourite swaps are the ones organised by Cheryll.  They involve more creativity, but have introduced me to a wonderful group of 'new friends' who I have met through their blogs.

The Santa Sack Swap is a June 1st  sign-up and a November 25th mailout of our parcel.  Our opening day was yesterday (for those of us who can't wait until next week!) 

This swap allows us to make a variety of gifts for our allocated partner.  While a bag, stocking or sack can be included, fabric can be added instead. Another 5 gifts are also to be mostly handmade.

This year my partner was Kerrie.  I have enjoyed getting to know my 'new friend' through emails and blog reads.  Kerrie has been very generous in sending the following gifts (one was also included from her granddaughter who lives with her)



I can't tell you what is my favourite, because they are all great gifts that will find a place in my life.  

My computer will love its new case, the coffee mug and its lovely holder will frequently travel with me (I love the pocket to carry teabags and coffee sachets)

The sewing compendium and notebook will be packed for my travels to Tasmania in March and will then cruise from late June.

The fabrics and trims will come in handy during the year, as will the pin cushion and key chain.

I love the Vege-tale characters and look forward to hanging this bag-bag in my new kitchen next month and the cloths and soap will also find a place in my new home.  

I have hung the decoration on our tree and will use the pegs on the magnetic board in my sewing room.  The thread catcher will also come in handy when I am sewing up toys for the OCC boxes.

Thankyou Kerrie for these wonderful, practical gifts.

And thankyou Cheryll for coordinating another fabulous swap.

I wish those who read this post a very happy Christmas and hope you make lots of new friends next year through swaps and other shared opportunities.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful gifts and I'm sure you will enjoy using them all. Merry Christmas. Hugs xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked all the presents Marilyn - I had forgotten I a couple of the little things I included!! Have a beautiful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a lot of great gifts. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely collection of gifts you received! It is such fun getting to meet and become friends with the people we swap with, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what lovely gifts to receive. Thanks for joining in this swap.
    Merry Christmas too... xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty gifts and Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete