Tuesday 3 March 2015

What are you knitting?

I don't know about you but I have quite a stash of knitting yarns.  I keep saying that I will knit from my stash, but then I see something that would be just perfect for a project I'm contemplating.

So what are you knitting at the moment?  
It's still hot and sticky in Sydney, but I'm finding that I can knit when we have the air conditioner on.  I am trying to get a start on winter warmers for my grandchildren plus a few Cabbage Patch outfits.

So, for Mr 18 months, I have finished a jumper and this vest.


The vest is made from this pattern by Panda for 8 ply yarns.


I have used it well over the last few years for our granddaughters, and now I get to make all of the boys garments too.  Yay!!!

For Miss 3, I have just finished my first Kina.  Bendigo Woollen Mills cotton is lovely to knit with.


We have watched Corrie make a few of these and now I am starting them for our girls.  I trialled the pattern by making one to fit the cabbage patch dolls first!!


Talking about cabbage patch dolls, this pattern is from Family Circle in 1985.  There are times when hoarding is good, aren't there?


I have just made 'Colleen' (centre bottom) and will do a few of the other designs for the 2 new cabbage patch dolls in our family.  My Mother made a few of the garments from this pattern for her granddaughters in the 1980's, so I feel nostalgic making them for the next generation now.

Well, time to start the next Kina (size 8 this time) plus a few smaller projects.

Happy Knitting.....

3 comments:

  1. Hello Marilyn,
    I read it is hot and sticky in Sidney.
    In germany it is cold.
    Springtime is in the air, a little bit sun is comming .
    Your knitting projekts are beautiful.
    Sorry for my english mistakes !
    Have a nice day
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn, I have just found your site through Pinterest and it is perety awesome. I will be knitt I ng your free teddy pattern for my Operation Chriatmas Boxes - unfortunately I dont have time to do them for this year but I'll have doozens for next year. Do you know where I might get the cabbage patch doll patterns anywhere now, they are gorgeous. I am not sure id you are still doing this blog but I hope so have loved reading all about your doings. Thanks heaps Judy xx ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy. Thanks for checking out my blog. I’ve knitted my bears for this years’ OCC boxes and will make them up soon.
    The cabbage patch patterns aren’t in print, but similar patterns can be printed from free knitting sites or purchased through revelry.
    Happy knitting!!

    ReplyDelete