Friday 3 April 2015

What happened to March?

My how the months are flying by this year!

I guess March went quickly because we were away for 2 weeks.  We cruised with Princess from Sydney to New Zealand - through the Fiordland National Park, Dunedin, Napier, Wellington, Tauranga and Auckland.  On this trip we missed the Bay of Islands due to Cyclone Pamela's attack coming through the area.  The seas were a bit rougher than we often experience, but as long as you come to lower decks in the centre of the ship you cope pretty well.


Cruising gives me plenty of time for craft, and this journey was no different.  I made another Kina - this time in a size 8, again using Bendigo Woollen Mills 8-ply Cotton:


The Cabbage Patch dolls also received more clothing:


A Spring Fling Fabric Swap was organised by the Facebook Group Sew n Swap.  I took the fabric with me (so I could add a little New Zealand fabric to it) but didn't get it in the mail until we got back to Sydney.  This time the postal services were very quick - under 2 weeks to and from Arizona.

I sent Australiana fabrics to Jan,


and received some very pretty fabrics from Jan - with a note that the fat quarters are for me and the other fabrics for my granddaughters.  How spoilt am I!!!


March was also the time for 2 Apron Swaps.  One was run through Sew n Swap, but organised by Melanie from Mule Time Quilts, and the other through Jenny from elephantz.  My aprons were made and sent (only just in March - 31st) and I will show pictures when they reach their destinations (Germany and USA) and I receive mine.

So what am I doing in April?  So far I will be making the 3rd Kina - this time in an adult size, 

making a bag for a Tote Bag Swap - to go to Western Australia, and starting a bit more warm grandchild knitting now that the weather is starting to turn colder.

Oh, and I'd like to finish a few UFO from the last few months too.

Should be a lazy month, don't you think?


2 comments:

  1. Hi Marylin,
    from Sydney to New Zealand - it is a dream !
    I hope you enjoy.
    Your knitting projekts are so lovely !
    Happy Easter
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathe. Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete