Friday 1 May 2015

FRIDAY Night with FRIENDS

I joined the group FNwF organised by Cheryll this week.  I have wanted to finish a couple of projects that required some focus and no TV, so thought this would be a good way to get me into my sewing space for the night.

Over the last couple of months I have been knitting Kina cardigans for some of our family.  As I still had the urge to keep going, I raided my tiny (ha,ha,ha) stash of yarn and retrieved 10 balls of Caressa  from (quite) a few years ago.  As this top knits from the neck down, the Kina is a good project if you want to knit while not really concentrating on every stitch.  Care is needed when increasing soon after starting and when reaching the sleeve section (unless you want a cape), but otherwise you just knit.

My kina has travelled with me for the last couple of weeks in the bag I received from a recent swap through Sew n Swap (on Facebook)


The knitting part was finished, but I needed to sew the underarm seam and finish off all the joined yarn.  I realised that I have been spoiled by using 200g balls from Bendigo Woollen Mills (very few joins) recently - 50g balls meant lots of joins.  A button was added to the neckline and this was finished - yay!!! I knitted something, other than scarves, for myself.


Now for the next project to complete.

I have been making some Breast Cancer bags through Jody.  The bags are used to carry the drains after breast surgery (allowing patients to move about while wearing a drain).  I have done this before and love using cheerful fabrics to make this time a little brighter.  I made the bags this week, but they still needed pressing and having their cards (wishing love and positive thoughts to the recipient) added.

  


I have achieved this tonight too!  Now I can send these off to Jody this week.

I'm up to filling the heart now for the children's wards through 'Sew Handmade' (Facebook)


This has been a productive and very enjoyable evening.  I look forward to seeing what everyone else got up to too.

So until the next FNwF, enjoy doing the things that you love.


4 comments:

  1. A very productive evening. Love the knitted jacket. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO many lovely projects and I love your knitting. BWM yarn in those huge balls is a bonus isn't it. I think everyone should sell at 200gms too as You always end up with extra than you need so no risk of trying to skimp it and run out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Jumper and the swap bag is lovely.
    Sew thoughtful of you to make both the drain bags and hearts....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popping by from the FNwF sign up post. My what a productive evening you had. Your cardigan turned out so lovely! And how sweet of you to share your time and talent by sewing for others.

    ReplyDelete