Sunday 7 June 2015

Friday Night with Friends

Tonight I was a bit sidetracked, finishing my clerical duties for the mainly music group I coordinate.

But I'm pleased to report that this procrastination didn't stop me from starting a new quilt for a June birthday.  I purchased the fabric in 2007 on our first cruise and have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it.

So this is where I'm up to:




I've cut the 10 pictures and bordered them with 1 1/2" strips of cream with tan dots.  (I may narrow this border a bit.)

They are laid out as I will include them in the quilt.  Now I have to fill in the gaps..... to make it fit the top of this queen bed.

Any ideas for doing this?  I'm open to suggestions as I want to finish the top this week.

Thanks for encouraging us to work on our projects through FNwF Cheryll.


5 comments:

  1. Oh what fabulous fabric to make into a quilt. Great start..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Marilyn,
    das ist ja ein toller Stoff !
    Ich bin schon gespannt, was Du daraus nähst.
    Liebe Grüße
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture blocks.I'd join them with strips of brown fabric, Some thing textural, like wood grain looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your idea. I've cut out a few things to try tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your quilt for June, I'm sure it will turn out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete